Monday 15 November 2010

Coffee crush

I've had a bit of a crush on Monmouth Coffee for a while now.

The Borough Market cafe exudes that that warm, buzzy feeling that you only get when people have joined together in a caffeine-fuelled moment of deep satisfaction.  One my occasional pleasures is to step out from the maelstrom that is the food market on a Saturday and, if I'm lucky, find a seat near the window to watch the circus go by.

The coffee is uniformly fantastic and they leave out a vast, stylish sandcastle of soft brown sugar which I take great pleasure in attacking with a spoon (or as I like to think of it, a tiny spade). 

Coffee can be a bit of an ethical minefield so it's reassuring that the company is very involved with production and they take considerable pride in having a relationship with their growers and exporters.  The staff really seem to appreciate the sourcing, and are truly knowledgable about all the options on offer, but frankly, I'm a girl of habit and I always get a latte. 

So if you want a cup of sustainable, fair and equal trade coffee in a warm, welcoming environment, then look no further.  Just don't take my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...