Saturday 13 November 2010

The end of innocence

Perhaps it was always there, but I've only just noticed an absolutely filthy undercurrent to Jamie's 30 minute meals.

A typical scenario: it's a few minutes into episode 9 and our Jamie is merrily whipping up a feast of Asian-style salmon when he suddenly drifts off into what I can only imagine is his secret happy place:

"So what I'm gonna do - just start with the salmon - is just pinch the salmon like this, almost like you're pinching someone's bum. It's been a long time since I pinched anyone's bum, but the memories are good [gestures at camera with a fearsome looking knife to make his point].

Oh Jamie, you were so fresh faced and innocent when we first met you...

Another scene:  [dressing an asian salad]
"..and then my nuts.  Get those beautiful nuts - what more do you want in your mouth?"

I have a friend with a soft spot for Jamie's rather particular boyish charms, but it's all getting a bit too Carry On Cooking for me. Stick to the food please Jamie, and leave the sex to Nigella.

1 comment:

  1. I was just watching that episode. You're right on =) He's still cute though, cute like a child I mean. Hmm, he's wiggling his bum now. That changes things.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...