Wednesday 1 December 2010

Keeping cosy in the cold

Hand made tea cosy by Arounna Khounnoraj, £35 from Leaf Shop
Hand knitted tea cosy by Paul Smith, £45
Tea cosy by Posh Pinnies, £25
Moose tea cosy by Nordic Elements, £49.95
Bird fabric tea cosy by Kalla, £23.73 from Etsy
Toile tea cosy from the Highgrove Shop, £12.95
Silk screen printed tea cosy by Lucie Pritchard, £30 
Owl tea cosy by Samantha Stas, from Notonthehighstreet.com, £25

Yes, I am a walking cliche when it comes to tea. Really, nothing quite hits the spot like a nice cup of tea and a sit down, especially when it's rotten outside (or even snowy and magical but blooming cold).

I'm not sure if exploring the world of tea cosies under the pretence of looking for Christmas presents counts as geek chic or just geek. Either way, there are some very stylish bobbles out there for keeping your cuppa warm.

2 comments:

  1. I'd say both geek chic AND geek ;) But then I'm in that nether world of tea cosy obsessive... I love this collection, especially Lucie Pritchard's postcard cosy. There's something about letting our mind relax and wander over a cup of tea that exactly puts you in mind of travel and postcards and friends sending you postcards. Know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you - I'd happily settle for geek but a little chic never goes amiss!

    I do know what you mean about Lucie Pritchard's postcard, there's something about a tea cosy that belongs somehow to another era, when tea was always made in the pot and teabags were a dirty word. I get a little nostalgic somtimes...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...