Tuesday 11 January 2011

Time to hit the road to dreamland...


I've got a big day today, so of course I couldn't get to sleep last night. Sometimes a nice, old-fashioned milky drink is just the ticket to gently ease me off to dreamland.

This sophorific is an adaptation of something a friend gave me many years ago, the main change being that her version used soya milk as she was vegan at the time. I like it with both cows and soya milk, depending on my mood.

Sweet dreams all.

BETTY HUTTON'S SPICED MILK
Makes one cup

1 cup of milk
a heaped tsp of honey
6 whole peppercorns
half a cinnamon stick
4 green cardamom pods, lightly bashed so the pod is open
4 whole cloves

1) Heat all the ingredients together until simmering point, then remove from the heat and allow the flavours to infuse for five minutes. Pour through a sieve into a cup, drink, and drift off...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...