Sunday 2 October 2011

Ferran Adrià’s weekend food


I have to admit to being rather intrigued by the recipe for a crisp omelette in yesterday's Times magazine by Ferran Adrià (head chef of the legendary El Bulli restaurant in Spain). I had a bit of a food snob reaction to it at first - snack food cooked into an omelette, yeurgh! But the more I think about it the more rational it seems - a lighthearted play on the traditional Spanish omelette of onions and potato perhaps?

I'll have to try it. If you fancy a go, the recipe (though not from the Times, they are quite militant about retaining intellectual rights online!) can be found here on the Food and Wine website.

1 comment:

  1. The idea looks like fun, quick & easy 1970's cuisine.

    I had to look into the recipe a bit to translate: Broiler - Grill, Chips - Crisps, Skillet - Frying Pan.

    I think I'll try this with the kids during the week or perhaps after the pub x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...